-->

Monday, April 4, 2011

Lemon Shrimp with Asparagus and Angel Hair

It's no secret that I love to cook. I hunt out recipes in my countless cookbooks or peruse blogs and the Food Network website to find ideas for specific food items but sometimes recipes find me. Maybe its in a magazine or on the top of an oatmeal can or on the back of a pasta box (as it was in this case). I collect these handy little recipes on 4x6 index cards in a little box. Sorted out by main ingredient or type of dish, I use these guys frequently and have made this tasty pasta dish more than once to good reviews.

Lemon Shrimp with Asparagus and Angel Hair - serves 4

Have it:
1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-in. pieces
1 tbl. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined (I use frozen shrimp that can be thawed under cold water for fast meals)
1/2 c. chopped red pepper
1/4 teas. crushed red pepper flakes
1 c. half & half
1/2 teas. salt
2 tbl. lemon juice
2 teas. lemon zest
8 oz. angel hair pasta
1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese

Do it:
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add asparagus; boil for 30 seconds. Drain; rinse under cold water and set aside. This is to get the cooking process started and then stop them from cooking all the way through.

2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, shrimp, red pepper and red pepper flakes; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.



3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in half & half and salt. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.

4. Meanwhile, cook angel hair pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.

5. Add shrimp sauce to hot pasta; toss. Add lemon juice and lemon zest; toss. Transfer to serving platter; sprinkle with cheese.



Source: Barilla Pasta

2 comments:

  1. This looks YUM! Of course I will try anything with shrimp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I will have to try that one. Here is another shrimp dish that I make for Bobby (it's the only decent meal I make for him). I adjust the recipe to make more sauce, but it is super yummy... http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Garlic-Shrimp-Linguine/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete