-->

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gardening is great!

Its official, I have a garden! Still a work in progress but I have carved out my own little corner of the world and filled it with beautiful plants, my little babes. Being a city dweller, I knew from the get-go I would be venturing into container growing for the time being and an important step was to find containers suitable for the wealth of plants I have been acquiring. Drainage holes are very important; don't want to drown the little guys. My vision was to find containers of varying shapes, sizes, colors and textures and thanks to Jo-Ann, CB2 & The Home Depot, the final product came together even better than I could have imagined!



Even before I had purchased all my containers, I was collecting my plants. Since all the little babes would be cohabitating in the same area, I mades sure they were all fans of sun or full sun. I was also mindful of the plants projected height and width so as not to cram a plant into a container too small. Other than that, I went about picking plants that I like the looks or smell of and A LOT of herbs as cooking is another hobby of mine. I'm looking forward to the convenience of popping outside for some cilantro of chives rather than purchasing a whole bushel that will surely wilt.


A breakdown of the plant and where I purchased the lovely container it is now housed in...
Back Row: Cherry Tomato, Jo-Ann; Catmint, Jo-Ann; Hydrangea, Home Depot

On Stand (Jo-Ann): Basil, Home Depot; Spearmint, Home Depot; Forget-Me-Not, Gift (Thanks Angela!)

Front Row: Catnip, Jo-Ann; Chives, Rosemary, Thyme, CB2; Cilantro, Jo-Ann; Greek Oregano, Parsley, Marjoram, Jo-Ann

5 comments:

  1. You are going to LOVE cooking with fresh herbs! I love going out to my pots and just snipping off a little parsley when I need it :)

    I just got my first cherry tomato today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good without the Target bags. I love the hydrangea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you growing frsh catnip for Boots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. when do we get to see the worms???

    ReplyDelete